1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. dmc

dmc Guest

sort of an odd article to read because he keeps updating it, but there is a lot of new (to me) material in this article.

http://www.bobharris.com/content/view/1406/1/

"""""""in their last conversation, Tony oddly tells A.J. that the onion rings are "the best in the state." It's a fairly strange comment. However, it makes absolute sense if Chase is deliberately referencing the famous Sollozzo shooting scene ("Try the veal. It's the best in the city.") in the Godfather. Sollozzo famously dies just after commenting on the veal, so much so that it's a common in-joke among fans to drop the phrase "try the veal" into conversation."""""

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe Tony had a massive heart attack after years of eating high fat foods.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Well, if they are doing a movie... they should move fairly quickly.... Gandolfini seems a prime, prime candidate to not be around in 10 years.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The last two links offer different perspectives, and they're both fun to ponder. To me you can enjoy making a case that Tony got whacked, and you can equally enjoy convincing yourself "it goes on and on and on and on."

I took particular interest in the references to the song "This Magic Moment" being one of the choices on the mini-jukebox. My second post on this thread, made in the first hour or so after the finale, mentioned it and recalled it playing at the end of the episode in which Bobby said, "You probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?"

Many are pointing to the inclusion of that song on the jukebox as proof that Chase was linking the final scene to the earlier episode -- and holding that up as proof of Tony's demise. You could also look at it this way: That song was one of the choices available to Tony, and it was also one of the choices Chase made available to himself and to Tony, but in the end Tony -- and Chase -- chose to play another song.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Does anyone know where I can buy Tony's cell phone ringtone from?

7. Johnny Dangerously

No, but if you have HBO2W you can watch "Soprano Home Movies" starting in 15 minutes, followed by "Stage 5" and "Remember When."

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

That blew my mind, but gave me one giant headache in the process.

That guy is really on to something, and this comes from someone convinced Tony didn't eat lead.

9. Johnny Dangerously

I think Chase deliberately threw out about 100 different clues to lead people in circles and give them headaches.

;)

Some of the stuff in that link makes you wonder. Some of it makes you wonder how many muscles the guy strained reaching that far.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Can you imagine if the black screen had really lasted 3 minutes, as Chase originally (apparently) intended? Holy moly.

11. Johnny Dangerously

I thought it was originally supposed to be 30 seconds. Three minutes? Holy cow.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I had read that, too, but this (interesting) WaPo blog entry suggests otherwise:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/sopranos/2007/06/eureka_solving_the_sopranos.html

(may require registration; go to BugMeNot.com)

Draft saved Draft deleted