1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. loulou

loulou Member

Thanks for a great and insightful article!

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You nailed that.

The Mexican was the only decent true departure role of his that I can recall.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

From the Palm Beach Post...

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

all i can think of is jean stapleton, so great on "all in the family" yet so pigeonholed by the role. she had a cameo in "klute," a very heavy film, and once she appeared on screen, the theater filled with laughter.

good luck to gandolfini moving on past tony soprano.

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Wasn't JG also in some kind of prison film, too, only he was the warden of a military klink?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The Last Castle, with Robert Redford.

7. He was good in Last Castle as an insecure, power hungry warden opposite of Redford. The role wasn't as developed as it could have been but he's great at playing powerful people with vulnerabilities. The Mexican was another example of that. Hope to see him in something else soon.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Makes sense. Tony, Carm and Meadow enjoying some chocolate chip ice cream served up by AJ, the new assistant manager at 31 flavors.

9. Billy Monday

Billy Monday Member

I'm going to go on record as predicting that A.J. will kill Tony.
    Just a hunch.
    Here's why:
    Chase has said the show will come full-circle and that the ending will make sense (thematically I'd guess) to those who follow the show.
    If A.J. kills Tony, it fulfills the theme that "family" is bullcrap and "genes" are murder.
    Livia, Uncle Junior, Johnny Boy, Tony, A.J.
    All screwed up, doomed to their lives, and the evil cycle continues.

10. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I can kinda see that, but I don't think ANYONE on the show, whether is be Tony's family, his Family or anyone else he's dealt with is as mentally impotent and weak as A.J. Has he tried to kill before? Yeah, but we all knew how that went: Fredo the Second shit himself before he got within arms' reach of Uncle June. His psyche is shattered & doesn't have the will to do it.

11. Watching last week's episode for like the sixth time and have a couple of more thoughts.

Sil was approached by someone playing both sides of the fence. Anyone think Sil's the only one he approached? The No. 2 guy? I think we'll see a traitor in Tony's family, whether they're successful or not is another story.

Just noticed something else: Janice goes to Tony looking for money to pay for Jr.'s medical care. Like two scenes later Bobby is about to spend 8 grand on the Blue Comet before he gets popped. I'm not surprised about Jan asking for money, but it's the first time I caught the cost of the train.

12. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Wouldn't it then make more sense for Carmela or Janice to kill him? A.J. doesn't have the stones to kill Tony. He fucked up his own suicide attempt.

Draft saved Draft deleted