1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Whenever someone entered, the door opened, the bell rang, and the camera cut to Tony's face looking up.

What would have made the ending perfect is this:
    When Meadow came in, and the bell rang, instead of cutting to Tony's face, cut to Tony's point of view, then black.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I like ambiguous endings.

3. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

I voted in the poll just for the fuck of it.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Seventeen years later (sheesh) my wife is still right!

I couldn't find it here, maybe it was in another thread, but somewhere here @TheSportsPredictor agreed with her and said he liked that theory as well. I told her this this week and she appreciated it, TSP! :D

A couple thoughts 17 years later (sheesh):

1.) I was a real asshole back then ("Was?" Fuck you!) I hope Simon Cowbell is healthy and doing well. But this thread was so old, I hadn't even begun arguing with @outofplace yet!

2.) The Sopranos ending is getting ready for its senior year of high school and people are still talking about it. That's the measure of an all-time great show.

3.) I didn't think it in 2007, but now I think Tony got whacked.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She is the ONLY one who ever got it right. She is a GENIUS! I take credit for it when I tell people not associated with SJ.

David Chase hated the audience by the end. Plus he was out of ideas. He was sick of people loving everything Tony and his pals did so he knocked off as many of them as he could, then finished with the audience. Then he made a shitty movie cuz he never had any other hits.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Has Meadow learned how to park yet?

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Here's a piece of information for you: In 2020, Jamie-Lynn Sigler and her husband Cutter Dykstra bought a house in Austin, Texas, from Mark Calaway, who's better known as The Undertaker.

sgreenwell, BTExpress and Tighthead like this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ya know, as I watched the Many Sons of Newark when it was released, all I kept thinking was, "this looks like a Sopranos movie that would be made if David Chase was sick of being asked to make a Sopranos movie." Every stupid cliche wrapped around a bullshit storyline. At least Gandolfini's son got a check and a credit from it though.

9. Driftwood

My biggest beef with Many Sons of Newark was it really wasn't about Junior and Johnny Boy. It was about a character who was mentioned from time to time and was part of a storyline in one episode.
    They could have done so much more.

Webster likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It really should have been a TV show. What happened to the Ray Liotta character could have been handled on a way which wasn’t a rush. They could have explored the Leslie Odom character way more. There was a lot to say about the white flight of the “Nicky Newark” types and they didn’t have to quickly shoehorn in so many of the roles from the original show. I didn’t mind the emphasis on Dickie because he was a blank slate other than the fact that he died.

I still think that the Ray Liotta brother in jail was a figment of Dickie’s imagination but no one agrees with me.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
    Driftwood likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Meadow Soprano, Lenny Dykstra’s kid and The Undertaker walk into a bar …

Those are three people who seem like a random collection.

12. Driftwood

Gotta get Nails in the coffin some way.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted