1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports betting revenue tops $11 billion

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Feb 20, 2024.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I wish to enroll in your class, or send you money to bet for me. For realz.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You really should invest a little of that in a Doosan Bears jersey. Like toking a dealer.

exmediahack likes this.
  3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If there’s truly interest from anyone here, give me a state you’d like to sign up in. I’ll look at the promos and post a basic plan. Seriously.

MileHigh likes this.
  4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The secret is POSTED in the Anything Goes -> Gambling Thread.

Go make money.

swingline, MileHigh and Batman like this.
  5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Another thing about the rise in gambling. Both Boston papers had a piece every Friday about betting at least 35 years before it was legal in the state. They wouldn't mention money, calling their amounts "units."

In the Glob, writers would pick games. NFL was on the line, but college was straight up.

Newspapers were publishing information about an illegal activity 35 years ago. I think it's better than running down to the corner bar at noon on Sunday and dealing with a guy in the Winter Hill Crew.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

There were football lines in the Star-Ledger 50 years ago. An employee distributed bookie tickets each week when I worked there in the Eighties.

Draft saved Draft deleted