1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports designer, Fort Myers, Fla.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by friend of a friend, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Editude

Editude Active Member

Strong hiring editors never have this kind of problem. People pining for a spot on the other side of the assembly line don't make for a good department.

2. EdReed

EdReed Member

If anyone else may be interested in applying, feel free. We're still weighing our options at this point.
    Thanks

3. Sneakers

Sneakers New Member

my sources tell me a pretty top-notch candidate from detroit was in to interview for this one.

from what i've heard, they'd be crazy to go in any other direction.

4. Good luck with the job sneakers

5. EdReed

EdReed Member

Then just call us crazy.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

But many papers have big enough budgets that they can hire deskers and writers, with a solid line between the two. And when that kind of paper hires somebody for the desk, that's it --- they're working the desk, period.

7. I'm sure potential candidates really appreciate your attitude in this forum, Ed. That could explain the lack of interest in your opening.

I'll bet people are just knockin' down the door to work with a douchebag like you.

8. Wow, calling someone a douchebag in your first post. Welcome aboard.

9. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

Ghost,

If you knew or worked with Ed, you wouldn't make that comment.

10. If I knew or worked with Ed, I'd probably have seen past his attitude. Makes me wonder if this Detroit candidate is reading (and if he is, did anyone tell him first? If not, two words: Bush. League.)

11. OtterGrad

OtterGrad Member

Aside from being a Sox fan, Ed Reed kicks ass. He's really a good guy to work with, as are all the people at The News-Press sports department and the people in the newsroom at large. I can't say enough nice things about the people there. I worked there for 2 1/2 years and have seldom met a nicer, more professional group of people, with Ed being right at the top of the list.

12. OK, fine, maybe to you he's a good guy, but think about it. How would YOU like to be a candidate for a job and possibly find out on the Internet that you're not being considered? Can't believe I have to spell it out. E-T-H-I-C-S. Good thing I'm not interested in that gig. I'd hate to read it here. I can't believe I burned my first post on this site here instead of something with some virtue.

Draft saved Draft deleted