1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer - The Berkshire Eagle

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BeeYouDee, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, but he has tiny hands. Shoe size don't mean shit in that instance.

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Fair point. It does make pedicures a bitch, though.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Touche.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Dude has a small sense of humor, too. :)

5. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

6. Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne Member

Rumor has it the pay is pretty poor ... pathetic, actually. But, then again, we are dealing with a newspaper, so I guess that should be expected.

7. Rumors are fun. And sometimes they're true. Sometimes, not so much. The pay for this job is fine. Very liveable for the area, and if you're smart about your finances, you can live rather comfortably.

8. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

The number they offered me a couple of years ago would have been a reasonable salary, although the move would have been expensive and they weren't paying for any of it.

9. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

The money is pretty good for the area. You can be fine and comfortable in Pittsfield for what they are paying.

10. Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne Member

OK, maybe this area is more affordable than I thought. What's a reasonable hourly rate for the area?

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If you wanna live in Great Barrington or Lenox, I'd say you'd probably have issues.

If you're willing to live in Pittsfield, a relatively distressed city, you'll be OK.

Draft saved Draft deleted