1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriter, Roswell Daily Record

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TrooperBari, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

But the trips to Albuquerque! and The Crosses! And Ruidoso where you can shart your pants like me. !

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Nope, sorry. That doesn't mean the SE there won't hire you, though. You do have some damn good references.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm afraid my references are better than my work.

4. JakeandElwood

Dude, have some confidence. We'll be sure to talk you up, don't worry.

5. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

JournalismJobs.com is sort of broken right now, but I believe the Roswell job has been posted.....again.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That explains why JJ.com just crashed my computer. There is another Southwest job open, but I want to make sure it's been posted before I post it.

7. kingkroz1017

kingkroz1017 New Member

FYI, it's a repost of the same job. I was offered this position on July 11 and Andrew was nice enough to give me some time to think about it. I wanted to take it, but I own a place and was afraid of getting pinned down in two states in our wonderful economy and let him know such on Saturday. Andrew is a total class act and I do regret not getting the opportunity to work for him. If I wasn't tied down with home ownership, I would've taken it. Be happy to pass along any info via questions or PM to those who wish it.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

maybe there is hope for me yet.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

As a colleague there once said, "Roswell, My Roswell."

Funny, a good friend last week said I effed up in Roswell, or how Roswell effed me up. I disagreed on every point he tried to make. I loved my time there, and yes, I played as hard as I worked. Fell hard for a girl, too.

Another friend and colleague there said he's trying to write a book about life at the RDR and Roswell in general. The aforementioned "Roswell, My Roswell" colleague may have written one but struggled to get it published after shopping it around. I can see in a few years 3 or 4 RDR books hitting the shelves because many of us from that era have interesting stories to share.

In fact, that'd be an interesting screenplay, the combination of stories from a bunch of us.

Anyhoo, two big reasons to take this job are Goddard football and Artesia football -- the Bulldog Bowl ranks with the best of any prep football stadium in America.

And if you're adventurous and enjoy climbing down abandoned missile silos, you'd have that going for you, too.

And Popo's restaurant.

10. JakeandElwood

Persistence, sir.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'd be happy to provide testimonial for any Roswellian projects.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

po-po, po-po, po-po.

Draft saved Draft deleted