1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriter, Roswell Daily Record

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TrooperBari, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

they really were good columns, though. although i don't think they like the fact that like six of them were national columns ... god only knows me loves me some favre.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Dude man, they probably get lots of Favre columns. I sent them mine- it was fokking badass. basically I said Favre was a douche and it's funny that he's on the Jets now- haha LOLZ! ROFLMAO, Farve you cockfuck. I closed my column with a joke about Jets fans asking Favre to show his tits but now that I think about it I don't know if the ME in Roswell got the joke.

Rock on Petty maybe we'll be working the Roswell beat together soon! Now that would be SCOREBOARD, demonstarbly.

P.S.- Whats a national column dude you mean Washingtin nationals or National Baseball League?

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

at least yours had a hidden meaning. i think i spelled farve wrong in one of the columns. shoot, no wonder they aren't calling.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Fixed

5. thebigd

thebigd Member

Andrew Poertner is the contact person

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

awesome. thank you.

stand back and watch me soar, loosers.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Bring me back some Popo's after the interview, sweetie, and maybe stop by East Hendricks St. ;)

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm waiting by the phone. do you think they might call today even though it's labor day?

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I don't know, but you'd really kick yourself if you missed a call, wouldn't you? I just hope they don't email you and you can't get to it on your screwed up computer.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm thinking one of these bastards might have sabotaged my computer to gain an unfair advantage in the hunt for the job.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Depends if there's a sale on ... aw, hell, I can't go there.

You could always wait by your cell phone.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The folks at Roswell might like their tenacity. I'd call the SE to get him thinking about you and your ridiculous persistence again.

Draft saved Draft deleted