1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriter, Roswell Daily Record

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TrooperBari, Feb 1, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I miss my rental house there. The living room had that old type of genuine wood paneling with heavy lacquer. It felt kind of like a ski cabin. Late at night when I got home from the paper, it was a very comfy place to drink red wine and listen to NPR while the wind howled outside. I think a news reporter lives there now.

I was gonna live in Xan's old place but enough the carpet alone there contained enough drugs to send me to prison for 10 years if any cops ever checked the place out. You could probably have made a hemp-based tahini with all the weed seeds.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My place on Alameda (after I moved out from another place) was pretty cool; it was across the street from the first place I lived when I got to town, 307 1/2, IIRC.

And any drug paraphernalia must've come from the tenant previous to me.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Oops, sorry for that. It was only supposed to block your ability to send emails to Roswell. I might be a late entry into the race, so I had to play catch up and knock out the leader.

Again, sorry.

But hey, there's always Martinsville for ya. :D

4. writing irish

Yeah, I never really saw Xan's old place. I was in town for such a short time, I really saw very little. I saw the museums once. I figured out where to buy beer on Sunday. Went up the bike path a lot. The last thing I did in Roswell on my way out of town was accidentally steal a burrito.

5. Songbird

I remember the bike path. And Collins the Monkey at the zoo. Roswell's zoo is actually pretty decent.

And truth be told, wi, a few things in that carpet belonged to me ...

6. writing irish

Did Collins sing "Sussudio?" 'Cause if he did, I think I'd throw feces at him.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

a quick spybot sidebar, and i'm back up, bitches.

the wife and kids are still rafting at the river, but by god i know that phone is going to ring or an e-mail will come flying along soon, real soon.

8. Songbird

Earmark a box of pot pies -- STEAMY GOODNESS! -- to the newsroom and you've got the job. It's that easy.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

chicken or herb?

10. Songbird

;)

But seriously, chicken.

STEAMY, CREAMY GOODNESS!

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

TP, you seem like an unstoppable force in pursuit of this gig. How could they not hire you?

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i hear what you're saying, and dammit, i will not be denied.

AND, i did keep my farve column out of my clips ... the one where i spelled his name wrong a few times.

Draft saved Draft deleted