1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriter, Roswell Daily Record

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TrooperBari, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

OK Roswell's poobahs. For the sake of ending this thread that has jumped the shark and left vapor trails in its wake, could you please back away from the salad bar at the Cattle Baron and HIRE SOMEONE. ANYONE?

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and up stepped one mr. tom petty to the bar.

"whatcha bitches drinkin'?"

3. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Yeah, but I've got beer.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm not hatin. I really hope you get it, TP.

5. kingkroz1017

kingkroz1017 New Member

Oh my hell... this still isn't filled? I guess I should've taken it when I had the chance.... blasted housing market.... blasted democrats, they spent eight years ruining our country and now they want me to vote for them again... not a chance....

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Dude, George W. Bush has ruined the country, not the Democrats. You have taken that gig cuz TP's got his sights set on it now.

7. thestatman

thestatman Member

I will apologize because I was offered the job in late June prior to the holiday weekend. Except, it was for sports editor because the current sports writer did not want the promotion. And, as a 23-year-old straight out of college with no prior daily experience, I knew that it would have been a job that I would grow to hate as time went on.

Also, the rumors are true. I had a phone interview on a Thursday around 2 p.m. and then was offered the job three hours later. This is after a 10 minute phone conversation without even meeting in person or even visiting the area.

Luckily, I got another job offer in Danville and am enjoying the area and the job.

8. jps

jps Active Member

great news, tommy boy! you've still got a shot!

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

let's go ros-well. clap, clap, clapityclap.

10. jps

jps Active Member

just find it awesome that this thread has been read more than 9,500 times and you're still in the hunt, man.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

in the hunt? shiiiiit. i have me a new farve column in my clips.

12. jps

jps Active Member

the why you posting on here? get going! we're all rooting for ya!

Draft saved Draft deleted