1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriter, Roswell Daily Record

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TrooperBari, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

any moving money involved?

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

So it's been a few weeks, so I figure they hired someone by now and that person has quit, necessitating another job posting.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you're hired.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'll always kind of dig Roswell, but not really.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i heard it's not much of a town, but a great place to work.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Roswell. Again. Just like clockwork.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=325856

Description:
    The Roswell (N.M.) Daily Record, an award-winning, independent daily newspaper in southeastern New Mexico with a circulation of about 12,000, is seeking a reporter/editor to cover sporting events in the area. Candidates for the sports position should possess strong writing skills, be familiar with sports terminology, be computer literate and able to meet deadlines. Experience in covering high school sports is a big plus. We’re looking for an aggressive reporter/editor who can provide play-by-play information, place games in the larger context and break down the statistics. Experience with photography and page layout is preferred. Applicants will need to know Quark thoroughly or have some knowledge of it and demonstrate that they can quickly master the program. The position offers a competitive salary, medical benefits, a gasoline allowance and compensation for travel outside the immediate area. Interested applicants should contact Andrew Poertner, editor, Roswell Daily Record, at andrewpoertner@yahoo.com, fax at (505) 625-0421 or send mail to Andrew Poertner, Roswell Daily Record, P.O. Box 1897, Roswell, NM 88202. Due to the volume of applicants, it is preferred that initial contact be a letter of interest, resume and clips sent by email.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

This paper has to hold some sort of record for most openings for the same position.

8. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

An opening in Roswell. Is it Friday already?

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Martinsville beats it in that category.

10. Hank_Scorpio

I wonder if this is just a reposting of last month's ad or did they hire someone and that person quit already.

11. Judge Smails

Judge Smails New Member

I'm betting they never filled the position.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Bu, bu, bu, buh, "due to the volume of applicants" surely they could have found someone by now.

Draft saved Draft deleted