1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stoney's He-Man Steeler Haters NFL Playoff Thread ... No Yinzers allowed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 29, 2014.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And there's the two-point conversion coming back to bite the Steelers. Now they need a touchdown with a two-point conversion to tie it.

That said, they got lucky. Smith should have been able to get that second foot down.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yep. Totally agree with you guys. With 10 minutes to play, the Steelers should have assumed scoring another TD and, thus, a 3-point lead, rather than assuming they absolutely needed to be within a field goal.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

On two-point conversions, I think Meyer and Ohio State handled it perfectly the other day. They didn't go for it early and get stuck "chasing points" later., If this game was a typical 16-13 Ravens-Steelers game, I could see going for two that early but teams were moving the ball.

I'm also a believer that a missed two-point conversion (when you're trailing) takes an edge of newfound momentum as well.

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

68 completely blew the protection on that play.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Hope Ben Tate enjoyed his one-game Steelers career. That pick was on him. And the shitty offensive line.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Wayyyyyy too much time left (and they had three timeouts) to go for two. Don't chase. But the interception may not matter.

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I don't understand how coaches continue to fuck up two-point conversion decisions. It's really not that hard.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Say goodnight, Irene.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Ravens=Packers, Steelers = Bears.

10. amraeder

Just a brutal night for Beachum

11. amraeder

Guess who successfully managed to block no one on that play? Beachum.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I was thinking Roethlisberger's problem might have been his shoulder because his arm got grabbed as he was starting to throw, then he landed on the shoulder when he went down. But he threw that last pass like he had both a concussion and a bad shoulder.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted