1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stoney's He-Man Steeler Haters NFL Playoff Thread ... No Yinzers allowed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I think the Seahawks roll and people who don't understand football will wonder why Newton played so badly.

I could see upsets in both AFC games, although I don't think I'm alone in not wanting the Ravens to again back into the playoffs and go on a Super Bowl run.

2. Mr. Sunshine

When was the last Packers playoff victory at home?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They beat Minnesota in 2012. They're 1-2 in the Rodgers/McCarthy era.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Couldn't remember if they played at home before the Kaepernick game that year. Now I remember. Joe Webb started that game, right?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Sounds right. I know they went in there with no chance.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I think they're 3-5 at home in the playoffs since 2003.

Wins: Minnesota, two over Seattle
    Losses: Atlanta, Minnesota, two to the Giants, 49ers.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ugh, avert the eyes!

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Where's the "How About No!!!" Bear?

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I went into 49ers-Packers last year thinking Green Bay had a puncher's chance in the WC round.

What concerned me about the Green Bay offense that day concerns me for this weekend. Red zone offense. Green Bay had plenty of opportunities to get TDs against the 49ers last year as well as against New England a few weeks back. The Packers had two TDs and 5 field goal attempts (4 made) vs. the Patriots. Between the 20s, Green Bay is often unstoppable but, when facing good teams, they struggle.

This is why I was so vigorous in rooting for Coach Comatose and the Lions last week -- I want no part of a confident Dallas team coming off a playoff win. Dallas can play "playoff football" - running the ball - and they're coming in with no pressure, playing with house money.

If it's cold and windy, any perceived Green Bay advantage melts away. Rodgers and the offense is built on timing -- maybe the Packers a team that often seems to peak in October. In Green Bay's home playoff losses, they all seemed to follow the same script. Early Green Bay interception, panic sets in, visiting team controls the tempo and pace and then Favre blows off the post-game press conference.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Favre is back again????!?!

12. Mr. Sunshine

If the Packers lose at home again in the playoffs, is McCarthy's job in trouble?

Or does the one SB keep him safe as long as they keep making the postaeason?

Draft saved Draft deleted