1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Succession Season 4 — Spoilers Included

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Mar 26, 2023.

Tags:
  1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it was well-timed. It was unexpected, esp. with how it was done off-screen, and it gave time to show the deepening of the fault lines between the siblings now that the end game had started. Everything else would've felt rushed if they had kept Logan Roy around much longer.

Tighthead likes this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Everyone knew he was going to die before the show ended. Doing it so early in the season, especially with the past 6 episodes taking maybe 8 days total gave it a sense of urgency.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. Webster

Meh.

JimmyHoward33 and Dyno like this.
  6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've gotta re-watch, but for now, I'm with Webster.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Obviously will be another season.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I found it solid.

9. Webster

Honored to get your vote at the board meeting

Huggy, garrow and Dyno like this.
  10. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

The last episode worked for me. I feel like all the characters reached their proper conclusion. There’s some inevitable emptiness in the answer to the question of which kid will succeed Logan being none of them. And with the “we’re bullshit” assessment of the main characters. But it’s not wrong.

garrow likes this.
  11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Yeah but Toms just as much bullshit as they are.

it strains credibility that after the shit he pulled on election night, with hints dropped that Menkens losing in the courts, that any publically traded company could float him as ceo. Now that I’ve typed it all out its actually pretty stupid

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I thought the physical stuff with Ken and Roman at the end was over the top, but other than that I liked it. In the real world, Tom would be a horrible choice. But they used him to show the idea of a weasel making it to the top by kissing ass, even when he’s done shady stuff over and over. A bit of a conceit to make the point, but I think it’s a forgivable conceit.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted