1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Succession Season 4 — Spoilers Included

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Mar 26, 2023.

Tags:
  1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

The thing I don’t like is Shiv staying with Tom. She screws her brother over and votes against him because she doesn’t want him to have the job she coveted, but she’s gonna forgive Tom and live a loveless life for taking that same job out from under her behind her back? That shit makes no sense.

2. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

The final image of Kendall on the bench—it’s basically the ending image of Godfather II, except unlike Michael when he did all these awful things he didn’t even get to be in charge.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Not with a bang

but a Wambsgans

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I thought it was a strong ending. Tom was very good all series long at making subtle strategic moves that put him in position to grab the ring when it presented itself. It's been an enjoyable ride, but I'm glad they're ending it when they are. Roman seemed to end off best of all of the kids. He looked almost at peace sipping that martini. He may have said he wanted it, but you know he really didn't, deep down.

5. clintrichardson

The more I think about the last episode the more I like it. From the Shiv angle, she wanted to replace her dad but now could end up like her mom, in a marriage likely to fail and in a role of mother that she doesn’t seem suited for.

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Roman’s “we’re bullshit” speech was among the very best moments of the series.

A satisfying ending to an excellent show. (Loved the baseball triple play theory).

In retrospect, it had to end like this. The kids were never going to get what they always wanted from their father. Love. Support. The business.

Ken was always broken. And is completely shattered. Shiv has basically become her mother (for now). Roman finally realized that getting out was his only chance. TBD if it works for him.

garrow likes this.
  7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I thought (hoped) Ken was going to jump off the bridge.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I am going to watch again because I was pretty negative. My issue more than anything else is the constantly shifting alliances. Everything from the last few episodes changed about 30 times.

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I fell victim to the machinations, rooting for certain ones, only to get "blindsided", then hope renewed. I actually enjoyed the bit players' quips more than the main ones (although Romans were always spot on). Then at the conclusion, not what I was thinking. BUT rather than feeling sorry for any of the kids, I reminded myself, THEY'RE GETTING A GOLDEN PARACHUTE OF BILLIONS!! So that smoothed everything over for me.

Not a rewatchable for me; I'm not one by nature (haven't even done GOT even, only ones I do are Seinfeld and the Office and Parks and Rec)

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I liked it but.... There are only so many times you can watch characters make the same mistakes over and over. (With exceptions, of course, Charlie Brown.) Four seasons is enough if no learning curve kicks in.

11. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Was Shiv the Chekhov’s gun of names?

Always thought it was weird that a Scottish father and English mother gave their daughter an Irish name.

garrow likes this.
  12. clintrichardson

Shiv and also Wambsgams (as pointed out on the internet, the last name of the only player ever to pull off an unassisted triple play in the World Series)

Tighthead likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted