1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Succession Season 4 — Spoilers Included

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Mar 26, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Kendall and Shiv are already super wary of Roman...they sense a snake in the grass and it seems like they're probably right. Roman has spent his entire life yearning for acceptance from his father. Logan knows it and is playing that card now. That's my read at least.

"Terrifyingly moseying" is something I need to add to my vernacular.

garrow likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I agree with this, Logan isn't going to make it through the season. I think he's gone by episode five, leaving the back end of the season as a battle royale between the kids. Poor Tom is just going to be a non-factor at that point, since he's tied his lot to the old man.

Guesses on how Logan dies? Heartattack? Falls off the boat and drowns on the way to Mattson's? Or -- hear me out -- a wild, weird cross promotion between Succession and the Last of Us where Logan gets taken down by a clicker in the subway.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

My old boss is very wealthy - not as wealthy as Logan Roy is portrayed to be and he only had one child so there would be none of this kind of battle royale between the kids - but man do I see a lot of him in Logan. (And not just because he liked to tell people like me to fuck off all the time.)

garrow likes this.
  4. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Three kids in mine. The oldest son who flew the coop for a life overseas decades before the selloff. The brilliant middle child who unflinchingly supported the journalism effort but for some reason was in the vice president role. And the youngest son, who was Kendall-like with ideas flowing like diarrhea. His good ones got buried behind the self-serving ones. He was the president of the company when the big G came calling but no doubt the family -- which had sold off or started redeveloping all the real estate in the 10 years prior -- was eager to get some money out of their legacy.

A bunch of you now are "ahhh, I know this place."

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Great episode. Wow.

garrow likes this.
  7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

So who comes out ahead when this is all sorted?

One person I'm sure who is fucked is Logan's assistant/girlfriend/whatever. Unless we're about to learn about a secret will, she's about to be cut right the fuck out by all parties.

garrow likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Very intense episode IMHO. Great individual scenes with each saying goodbye (except Connor). The minimalistic wedding ceremony was perfect given where those two have been and gone. Pretty rough when Shiv said "I wish/thought it was Mom".

garrow likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Great score too.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Great episode. Got spoiled for me, unfortunately. Couldn’t watch live.

My fault. Absent-mindedly opened Twitter. The Mets radio announcer of all people fucked it up for me.

Despite knowing, great acting performances. I missed out on the doubt and tension tho.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I knew Logan was going to go, it was just a matter of when. It was clear by going through the first three seasons that there was no way the kids were outsmarting him or forcing him out. Any "succession" would only happen upon his death. I loved that they didn't actually show him dying. His last words were typical Logan bluster boarding the plane, and then, poof, he's gone. Well done.

Just tremendous acting by everyone involved in the last episode. Greg can't get out of his own way. Pretty sure it was him who inadvertently leaked the word to the press that Logan had passed. Kieran Culkin has been awesome this season.

garrow likes this.
  12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

In retrospect I wonder if they slow played the first two purposefully to make the impact of this one even more sudden.

Kind of the way these things happen in life. Maybe I’m over thinking that. But it was an almost perfectly executed episode in terms of how hard a sudden death hits

Dyno likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted