1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Succession Season 4 — Spoilers Included

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Mar 26, 2023.

Tags:
  1. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

The unusual choice to not show Logan's moment of collapse or really get a good look at him at all as he died really threw you into seeing his death almost entirely from the kid's perspective—something happening to them, not to him.

garrow likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Very No Country for Old Men-ish.

3. clintrichardson

While the main action for the season will no doubt be the battle for CEO, to me the real suspense is whether the kids will have time to run the company into the ground.

One possible scenario: they blow the matson deal, get bought by sandy/stewie and the company is sold for parts out from under them.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I was spoiled and just catching up now, but the whole thing was painfully overacted by the kids. The Broadway actors on the plane were so much better.

6. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I am finding the whole show a little overcooked this season. There have been some good moments, but a great deal of it seems a little “extra”, as the kids say.

I will keep watching of course, but I watched season 3 of Barry again this weekend and I’m much more excited for that.

garrow and Webster like this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Tom is the MVP actor

garrow and Tighthead like this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Was watching the Suns on Sunday so I didn't catch this until last night. Greg has gotten particularly cringeworthy this season. This Kendall/Roman thing has disaster written all over it. I'm pretty over Shiv at this point. BTW, is she pregnant? Was that what that call from the doctor was? I was sort of zoned out...

9. clintrichardson

Greg's transition from sweet-but-stupid to power-hungry-but-stupid has been hard to watch. And yes, Shiv/Sarah Snook are pregnant on the show and in real life.

This week's episode had so many classic lines—including Tom's remark about Logan not wearing his compression socks to look good for Kerri. Marcia's selling of the house to Connor was something.

And Tom's speech to Shiv about remembering the time when they first fell in love was particularly brutal—because I bought it in the moment, but then as I thought about it realized it was another of his desperate attempts to cozy up to someone in the power structure. This episode captured the particular tragedy of being a Roy, and how having that much money and power corrupts every relationship.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Tom's "I'm here to serve" line to everyone was particularly pathetic. Thanks for the Shiv note, thought that was the case but wanted to confirm. Haven't read any of the recaps or listened to any of the pods from this week.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Tom backed the wrong horse as someone reminded him. Kendall threatening to get the strap on out for Hugo was pretty graphic imagery.

12. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

It should be interesting to see how the second half of the season plays out. I don't see the main trio ever becoming any sort of happy and whatever happens, they're set up for life. So the usual sort of stuff we get invested in isn't there.

Draft saved Draft deleted