1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Succession Season 4 — Spoilers Included

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Mar 26, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Very Whitecaps feel to the Tom-Shiv balcony argument

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn talk about emptying the cabinet while “clearing the air “, no thanks.

Webster likes this.
  3. Webster

A good friend of mine who didn’t have the best marriage always used to say that he and his now ex-wife had “the conversation which you can’t come back from”. That’s what I was thinking when I saw the episode.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'm going on 27 yrs and I'm not sure I could survive one like that. Now hopefully there wouldn't be as many daggers as Shiv/Tom but still.

5. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

When those two air their grievances, they have an unusual amount to air: you never really liked me, you asked for an open marriage on our wedding night....

I'm torn about them because their relationship is so awful, but it's also the only relationship between a Roy and someone else that has even a hint of humanity to it.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I dunno. I think Connor and Willa have moved into that territory...

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I half expected Tom or Shiv to jump off the balcony during that fight. But both are too narcissistic for that.

I know couples like that exist (not usually to that extreme of course). They feed off the conflict, friction and drama. I don’t get that at all. Dated a couple of women who seemed to enjoy fighting.

That is absolutely not for me. I’m the person who would stay quiet and let it build, build, build until I open my side of the argument with that thing you can’t take back and is a relationship ender.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Thinking about returning the scorpion paperweight I bought my wife for Mothers Day.

Tighthead likes this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Friend of mine asked if I was surprised Tom came in from the balcony. I said only one of them who would kill himself is Kendall.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yeah: I fully expect Kendall to join Logan before the series is over.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

He is becoming the only likeable character in this show.

12. Webster

The show doesn’t do action. I assume with all of the water themes with Kendall, if he kills himself, it will be that way.

Draft saved Draft deleted