1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Succession Season 4 — Spoilers Included

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Mar 26, 2023.

Tags:
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

An actor who never got the credit he deserved. At 82, still a force. Jeremy Strong great in his eulogy too.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I am definitely going to watch the episode again. Kendall is trying to turn into Logan.

Last edited: May 22, 2023
    garrow likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

He's definitely the crotchety old dude in his lawn chair in the 70's yelling "GET OFF MY LAWN! DO YOU LIVE HERE?!?!" to us youngsters. (and who got a secret bag of my buddy's dog stuff on his doorstep :))

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Fun fact I saw on Vulture - Sally Ann (Lady Caroline’s Kerry) was played by Brian Cox’s real life wife.

Webster and garrow like this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Roman’s journey in that episode was something. Just such a damaged character.

garrow likes this.
  6. Webster

And a friend told me that he read that Cox insisted on being on set during the funeral scene so that the ghost of his character would be in the church.

garrow likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

His son also played Watson in my favorite childhood film: Young Sherlock Holmes

8. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I read he wanted to be there so fans wouldn’t speculate that it was his funeral. Apparently he tromped around the graveyard a little as well.

9. Webster

I can only imagine what it did to Jeremy Strong’s method acting.

10. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Strong must have wondered why he wasn’t really dead, or at least in the casket.

11. Webster

Cat Food Ozymandius is such a great little off the cuff line.

Rewatching, there are so many great little moments. For example, Roman getting all cocky and ambitious with Frank before the funeral starts and Frank basically muttering his disapproval. Then when Roman is struggling as he stands up to deliver the eulogy, Frank in a genuine moment of compassion says “you OK son?” Roman has to be a dick and say “I pre-grieved and not your son”.

garrow likes this.
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Hugo's "Bow wow wow" is the best line of the entire season.

Draft saved Draft deleted