1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taking your own clubs to Top Golf - douchebag move or not?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jul 20, 2024.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

As someone who travels to the pool room with his own cue, this is kind of similar. I've done Top Golf twice, once in the Inner Harbor of Baltimore and once out in central New Jersey. The golf balls they use are kinda dumbed down and dialed back to combat dude bros who try to drive them over the net and the clubs they offer aren't junk so I've never had any issues. I've also seen people bring their own golf bag and they're neither looked at weirdly or positively. You're with your own crew so you really don't pay attention to other at all unless they are drawing attention.

Conversely, I've seen people take their own pool cues to Dave and Busters (I have on occasion as well) and no one gives them a side eye either.

2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

One of the things that my late father gifted me before he died was his (I assume) high-dollar, high-quality custom pool cue. Snakeskin on the outside, his name (also my name) on the bottom of it, sweet-ass felt-lined case. Feel like I'm neglecting it by letting it sit in my closet.

Draft saved Draft deleted