1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tasering at Phillies Game--Fair or Extreme?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, May 4, 2010.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Dumbest thing I've read in ages, and that's saying something.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If you aren't on drugs or have a preexisting cardiac condition, the odds of being seriously injured from a tazing seem pretty comparable to the odds of being seriously injured being tackled by police.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

That cop had a greater likelihood of having a cardiac situation.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm actually watching the hockey game at my cop buddies tomorrow. When I ran it by him he said he would be embarrassed to be that out of shape and not being able to catch the punk, but he also said that he would support him publicly just like his department is doing.

See, I respect the opinions of those who say tase his ass, I don't agree, but I see where there coming from. It's when wannabe intellectual douchebags start making comparisons between a guy running on the field, to terrorists, times square and a cop getting aids.

I'm was also not disparaging American cops, the Mounties up here are taser happy, so go wrap yourself in your flag and fuck yourself.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

PC, if you take away the taser, what do the police have to subdue a subject?

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Whatever consequences? Really? For running circles in the outfield?
    [/quote]

Bottom line, if you are not authorized to go on the field, you don't go on the field. Period.

Pro wrestling is another example. In the old days, before security guards and barriers to ringside, fans used to jump in the ring all the time. The heels would get attacked constantly (Freddie Blassie, for instance, got stuck with knives and had battery acid poured on him). Yet, at the same time, if a fan jumped in the ring, the wrestler would beat the living shit out of him.

7. 93Devil

I thought people were saying that police should not use tasers.

I think they should.

I would think you would much rather have your friends tase a subject than wrestle them to the ground and bring into play the subject taking his, or her, gun, bite them, spit in ther eyes.

But you would rather them risk their lives even more than they already do.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm not saying you shouldn't tase people, it is suppose to be an alternative to DEADLY force. Unfortunately, if you're a cop sometimes you are going to get into physical altercations. You shouldn't use it because you are a lazy out of shape fuck.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

You tackle him, cuff him, and haul him away.

Again, the taser is designed to be an alternative to shooting someone. That's it. It is not designed as a shortcut for a fat, out-of-shape cop who doesn't feel like chasing a high school kid running around on a baseball field as a prank.

Sorry if I'm not buying into the taser as a toy for police to assault people who don't listen to them. They are trained to deal with these situations. The taser is not part of that training.

11. 93Devil

Gotta love unions.

That is pretty freeking bad.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Fuck does it piss me off when people don't support the police

Draft saved Draft deleted