1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tasering at Phillies Game--Fair or Extreme?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, May 4, 2010.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How long you been on these boards, Moddy?

OF COURSE there are tons of people here who think he shouldn't have been tasered... abuse of power, kid did no harm, tasers kill, police suck, etc...

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Kid did lots of harm, catch him, rough him up a bit and charge him. You can do all this without a taser if you weren't fat and out of shape.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Lots of harm? What harm did he do? How was anyone in the stadium actually harmed by his actions?

Not potential harm. Not irritation. Actual harm. Define how he caused anything even remotely like that.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You probably don't want to read the thread...

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

He was a big inconvenience to a handful of security guards. And Patrolman Donut is still trying to catch his breath.

Still, as we all know THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IF HE HAD STAYED IN HIS SEAT.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

actually he should, the people who say it's ok to tase him, I have no problem with. It was my initial reaction as well, the more time I had to think I changed my viewpoint.

It was your ridiculous comparisons to times square, a cop getting aids, terrorists and lord knows what else that bothered some.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How about this, his actions were wrong and he deserves to face consequences, which IMO shouldn't include tasering.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

JC - uh, when did I bring up that other shit? I've made one post here. Or were you talking about someone else.

I love that the cop's weight is now an issue. They told the kid to stop. He wouldn't. Taser stopped his disrespectful punk ass, didn't it?

I'm out. The fat guy you see running around a baseball field will NOT be me.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Police are not trained to process a situation that way.

As a human being, you don't process it that way when adrenaline is flowing.

Watch one of those videos again and you'll see two Phillies players slowly backing away, like they're a little wary.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

not you Moddy, Devil.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Don't tase them, bros!

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So if they're only apprehending most of them how are they going to decide which ones to let go?

Draft saved Draft deleted