1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tasering at Phillies Game--Fair or Extreme?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, May 4, 2010.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The video I have seen shows the cop chasing the kid with Taser out for at least eight seconds. He probably had his Taser out before the video started, as he comes onto the screen with arm outstretched and Taser ready to go. At one point the cop has his arm up position to shoot at the kid. I'm betting as the kid is close to two of the others trying to get him, the cop waits. Then the kid doubles back and the cop gets a clear shot at him.

I'm going to say this cop had at least 10 seconds to decide if he needed to Taser the kid or not. At least. He decided long before he shot the kid that the kid needed to be Tasered. And he had at least 10 seconds from the time he decided this to change his mind.

Also, based on the video, I do not believe the Tasering brought the kid down. The kid clearly sees the guy with the Taser. He is looking over his shoulder. And then THE KID DIVES HEAD FIRST! He is NOT felled by the Taser.

Actually, I am wondering if the Taser even hit him at all. The cop NEVER reaches down as if to take the Taser clips off the kid. After standing over the kid for about 10 seconds, the cop puts the Taser back in his belt. There's another guy leaning over the kid, maybe he pulled the Taser prongs off the kid. But I guarantee the Taser did not knock the kid down.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/amateur-video-phillies-fan-is-tasered-on-field-28298

2. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Answer: Yes. Tase his ass.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

But, if the policeman would have used his service revolver and missed the running hooligan, there's a slight danger that he might have hit a Cardinals fan in the stands, or, heaven forbid, a Cardinal player.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Naah. Cardinal fan/player would have evaded the bullet.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

JC, stretch this. This is America, not fucking Canada.

I have no problem with a cop tasing any one who does not listen to them.

Try being a cop. Hey, I'm a fuck from Canada who wants you to fight that guy on crack instead of tasing him to the ground.

Fuck does it piss me off when people don't support the police.

And next time you mouth off to a cop hopefully he clubs you across the shins to take your ass down. You will remember that for weeks if not the rest of your life.

6. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

"I hate that cops don't get enough support, so I hope they engage in behavior that undermines the less than deserved amount they do receive."

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Wondering if he would have been tased in 2010, or maybe blown out of the sky.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What a neanderthal bunch of garbage that is.

There's a difference between "supporting cops" and "supporting cops who do stupid shit". Please note the difference.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

What the hell is your problem? JC didn't say a goddamned thing about Canada.

10. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

Just blow his head off next time. Great deterrent.

Whatever consequences? Really? For running circles in the outfield?

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

In the good old days, he would've been taken out of the tunnel in right field , got the shit kicked out of him, then taken to the Roundhouse to be booked. I missed the old days in Philly.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Punishment was appropriate. Run out on the field, refuse to stop when ordered ... and this happens. No sympathy whatsoever.

Draft saved Draft deleted