1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taylor Swift reporter - The Tennessean

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dixiehack, Sep 12, 2023.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I guess John Mayer might be too biased for this gig.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you are at the top end of the pay scale, you’ll only need to work a bit more than 46 hours (excluding overtime) to afford a single floor seat for one of the New Orleans shows next month.

3. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

YGBFKM. Job description written in the same style as the one in the OP.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I applied for both. If you read between the lines you can tell they really want a 49-year-old white guy.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

40 years ago I would have applied to be the Olivia Newton-John reporter.

Even wrote a fake story once to snag three fifth-row tickets at her Murfreesboro concert. :oops:

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Gotta love that a company which touts its local stories – and only its local – suddenly posts openings such as these.

8. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Sad that both the Beyonce and Swift jobs are remote. They basically want someone to aggregate stories for clickbait. I doubt the "reporter" would ever get credentialed for concerts or tasked with bespoke features.

9. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Also as someone mentioned earlier the interesting is probably in the past for both singers really. Could just have an intern aggregate. Gannett has to be the dumbest company. THey have all these "analytics" yet they are late on everything and aren't innovative in the slightest.

Let's fire local government reporters have numerous papers with no FT reporters but hire remote Taylor Swift and Beyonce reporters...LOL what a f'n joke.

Woody Long and RonClements like this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

All the videos of kids dancing and living it up at the Taylor Swift concert movie are absolutely adorable.

garrow likes this.
  11. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

Wild that this position has weirdly become a sports-adjacent beat.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Traditional "has this one been filled yet?" post.

Draft saved Draft deleted