1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taylor Swift - Super Bowl Ring?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MankyJimy, Jan 28, 2024.

?

If the Chiefs win the Super Bowl should Taylor Swift get a ring?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

WAS TAYLOR SWIFT'S DONATION DIRTY MONEY FROM HUNTER BIDEN?

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Fuckin’ Burisma

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Watch as Taylor Swift's tight end DESTROYS head coach in the middle of the Super Bowl!

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Because she then motivates Swifties worldwide to donate as well?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering the woman got slammed on social media for not posting a gratuitous tweet about the passing of Toby Keith - I don't think she can win with the righties whatever she does or doesn't do.

2muchcoffeeman, Gutter and dixiehack like this.
  6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Do we crap on Mahomes for having his picture taken with victims at the hospital instead of visiting with no fanfare?

There’s no winning with some people. I thought it was odd that Swift donated through Go Fund Me instead of directly, but she did more than most people will.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You really can't win. I'm sure they wanted a picture . . . and of course posted it.

Liut likes this.
  8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

There is a biblical injunction about drawing attention to one's good works.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I remember I was doing the people page when a major tsunami hit Southeastern Asia. For about a week, every item was about another celebrity donating to relief efforts, until I said enough. If it's a true act of charity, why issue a press release?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
    OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Did she issue a press release? Or did her accountant who did the donation just not hit “Anonymous” on the section where the donor’s name is listed?

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Anonymous likely wouldn't spur additional Swiftie donations. In some cases, it's a good thing to have people know who is doing good.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The loyalty Swifties show to their woman seems rivaled only by that of NASCAR fans, i.e. Swift makes a donation, Swifties follow, much like if Johnny Gearshift endorses Chevy, his fans all buy Chevies.

FileNotFound and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted