1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow to appear in Focus on the Family commercial during SB XLIV

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

People on here are tired of Tebow for the same reason they're tired of Favre: Endless fucking fellating by the television people.

But the martyr brigade doesn't miss a trick.

At least Pallister used to have a sense of humor about it.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

TIM TEBOW LOVES FOOTBALL!!!!!11!!1!! TIM TEBOW LOVES FOOTBALL MORE THAN BRETT FAVRE LOVES FOOTBALL!!!!!!!1!ONE!

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I guess I was thinking of this post in particular:

You seem to understand that some people will criticize Notre Dame for no other reason than they are Notre Dame.

And before I got here, you wrote:

and

I said earlier that I don't watch a lot of college football, and I don't. I asked if Tebow was a bad teammate, a hypocrite, or disingenuous? No one said that he was.

So here's what I know about him:

- He's a winner
    - He plays hard
    - He's a leader
    - He's a good teammate
    - He's not a hypocrite
    - He's not disingenuous
    - He's probably not as good as some of the pundits think he is
    - He's a Christian

But he takes a lot of criticism here. Do you think none of it is because he's proudly Christian and living by Christian values?

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Whatever happened to that douchebag? :D

5. YankeeFan

I believe you're half right. But quotes like this show there's another side to it.

6. If so, it's more skepticism about people who profess "Christian values" than any issue with "Christian values" themselves. I think 99.9999 percent of us live by "Christian values," because they are the same "values" people have lived by for thousands and thousands of years. The same values the vast, vast majority of atheists live by.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah. Because religion is a fucking joke, regardless of persuasion, and I don't want to hear a fucking thing from anyone about how God is this or God is that. Shut the fuck up and play the fucking game. I don't give a flying fuck what you think about a fictional character.

One of my great joys in life is deleting God references from quotes (hi Blitz! I interview people too!). You can spew your bullshit but I don't have to print it.

And for the record, you were absolutely not the right wing person I was referring to. That person did take the bait hook line and sinker though.

8. YankeeFan

Well, we've all seen a lot of phonies -- be they preachers, politicians, or athletes -- who preach one thing and live their private lives completely differently.

And they deserve the scorn they receive.

I understand why people would be a little gun shy to become to big a fan of the guy for fear of being let down.

But he's been under extreme scrutiny and appears to be the real deal.

I'm not saying he needs to be fellated at every turn, but he also doesn't deserve to be scorned & mocked at every turn either.

9. He's not being mocked. Kirk Herbstreit and Brent Musburger and the rest of them are being mocked.

10. YankeeFan

That's as intolerant -- and unprofessional -- as anything I've read.

Should Al Gore & Cheryl Crow be told to shut the fuck up and have their quotes scrubbed when they talk about global warming?

But at least you admit why you dislike him, so you get points for that.

11. YankeeFan

I think it's more than that.

12. Of course, you do. You're a self-appointed martyr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.