1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow to appear in Focus on the Family commercial during SB XLIV

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abortion is so tough because both sides have an equally reasonable argument.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

This is the one that gets me. You aren't pro-life if you want people to be executed.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It's a bit of a stretch when people are against killing a convicted murderer but willing to allow the abortions of unborn, innocent babies.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I agree with you that gay-marriage is coming. And that future generations will wonder what the fuss was about.

But let's be clear, gays don't have separate drinking fountains. They aren't forced to sit in the back of the bus. They aren't just a couple of generations removed from slavery.

It's not a fair comparison.

5. Eh, semantics. They see the death penalty as justifiably retributive. Abortion has no such moral/philosophical underpinning.

6. OK ... Loving v. Virginia

7. They don't consider them babies, though.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Call me what you will, but some of you folks need a break from SJ/life.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A break from SJ? Sure. But what's a break from life? A coma?

10. printdust

printdust New Member

I'm sure he's had some Gator teammates who are at least trying to spread "fatherhood" around, and they respected him.

Kurt Warner is similar and it hadn't hurt him.

But this is a sports journalists board, where many often pride themselves in getting the chance to crap on a guy who basically does good and - horrors - carries a Bible.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

There is no parsing in the term pro-life. None.

Plus, you'd figure God-fearing Christians wouldn't be into that whole eye for an eye type of thing. Whoops.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

At least within the confines of a majority of members of this board...which is not to be confused with much of America.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.