1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow to appear in Focus on the Family commercial during SB XLIV

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I have, but I don't think Tim Tebow or those folks at Focus on the Family post here. If they did, this thread would have been locked by now.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

BYH, I can't put into words what that made me feel.

I know it won't mean much, but I am so sorry you had to go through that.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Anti-Semetic, too.

Typical Know-Nothing, intolerant yahoos, looking to
    rake it in while exploiting a niche
    which can't think for themselves.

4. froggy

froggy Guest

FoTF's rabid anti-gay stance has been exaggerated.
    The director of its gender issues department is a former lesbian.

http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000008147.cfm

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Just another outfit largely comprised of folks who are
    scared to death to have any dealings with folks who aren't precisely like them.

6. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Ah, the rainbow variation of the "But I have black friends!" defense.

Fail.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dear BYH: Let me be personal, about me not you. Here are my beliefs, such as they are.

It is reasonably obvious to me that there is something beyond the physical four-dimensional reality we inhabit. Some other, that is the heart of the mystery of existence. We human beings simply do not have the capacity to sense it or understand it, because I don't think it can be understood, only felt.
    Every so often, a human being, some weird genetic mutation, is born with the capacity not only to feel the other, but to communicate that feeling in terms that others can feel it second hand. Buddha, Mohammed, Jesus, people like that. Their message always has one theme -- love and acceptance of one's fellow beings. But since they were men born of women, there are some flaws in their communications that let other crap get into the message.
    Human beings being what they are, the flaws in the message get translated into a swell excuse for pushing other people around, because followers see the power of the message more than what's in it.
    And so organized religion, all religions, exists in constant tension between promoting the brotherhood of man and accepting the mystery of human destiny, and hate and fear of those who hear a different message. It's been that way forever. It's a curse of the human condition. I am not a believer in organized religion. But I respect to the max, and envy, those who are believers and live their lives according to the true message of their faith.
    PS: James Dobson sure ain't one of those people.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

But....but....but....we're supposed to be TOLERANT of their views.

For future reference, cf, Zag.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They can do what they want . . . except try to impose their
    anal beliefs on the majority of the population.

Then . . . we shove back.

MYOB.

It ain't so hard.

10. Krazy Ray

Krazy Ray New Member

11. Krazy Ray

Krazy Ray New Member

And before the double-digit IQ brigade starts whining, it's a joke. But so is acting like your invisible friend in the sky should give you special treatment. You make America look like a laughingstock compared to countries that don't indulge you like we do here.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Word. And what was the plan for the infant I lost?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.