1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas baseball coach doesn't recruit in Colorado

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flip Wilson, Mar 1, 2018.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I wasn't "the liberal politicians". It passed in a referendum.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the drinking age of 21 is very effective in keeping beer out of teenagers' hands too.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

1. That doesn't change the coach's misunderstanding of what the 'liberal politicians' allow.
    B. As note above, it was a state ballot measure.

Making alcohol illegal didn't stop people from drinking. It created an environment in which organized crime could flourish.
    Making cannabis illegal did not stop teens or adults from using cannabis. It created an environment in which organized crime flourishes.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I see no problem here. YankeeFan wouldn't have recruited in Colorado, either.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Anyone think there are other college coaches who have a similar policy but just don't come out and say it?

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Hard to say. How many Division I baseball recruits does Colorado put out every year?

7. LongTimeListener

Guessing you could count them on two hands with fingers left over. There isn't a DI program in the entire state.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Air Force and Northern Colorado would like to have a word with you.

This story obviously got a lot of traction here the past couple of days.

Guy is an idiot. Hell, the "liberal" governor was against it and didn't want to implement it from the beginning but went with the will of the people. Lots of growing pains, but they sure do love that revenue that's been pouring in. In less than four years, it's a billion-dollar industry.

melock likes this.
  9. LongTimeListener

Ah shit, my bad. I knew CU and CSU didn't have teams and I checked a site that purported to list all NCAA programs in the state. Guess that one left them out too.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Been a year since the pot proposition passed in California but I remember reading the details of the proposition and the tax revenue seemed to go almost completely to drug education, drug rehab and other drug related programs. In other words a net zero for the welfare of the state. Perhaps I read it wrong

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Having done some field research out of journalistic curiosity, it still gets me every time how you can just walk into a store in a strip mall and just buy like you are at some candy counter.

Draft saved Draft deleted