1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2022 running NASCAR, IMSA & other racing things thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Had to put new Eagles on at the start-finish line after Cindric ripped up the radials doing donuts. Also, because there are so few Next Gen chassis, that car won't be put on display in whatever "NASCAR Experience" is now.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Daytona is a little better than Talladega in terms of the more deserving drivers winning. You still have to avoid the wrecks and one bad move can shuffle you from first to 10th on the last lap, but at Daytona the drivers who win have usually been running near the front for most of the race. You can't go from 30th to first in five or 10 laps.
    Talladega, not so much. You don't really win at Talladega so much as you're lucky enough to lead the last lap.

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Race teams build their race cars: “Even though you’d like to use a winning setup at other tracks, we are seizing your property so we can charge people to see it for the rest of the year.”
    NASCAR doling out kit cars: “We can’t afford to just taking a winning car out of circulation!”

maumann likes this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Did look like a pretty darned good crowd, and surely the biggest that many in the field had ever raced in front of. But not Jacques Villeneuve, who won a pre-split Indy 500. Just blew me away, seeing him there.

maumann likes this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

1) That's an incredible amount of negative camber on the right front wheel. I understand the pressure the RF is under in an oval, but I don't ever recall it standing like that while still in anticipation of the corner loads.
    2) Those wheels look forged ... quite a change from the black or spray-painted wheels Goodyears have been mounted on the last umpteen years.
    3) The numbers and movement of the sponsors is silly. Maybe this is a "Get off my lawn" take, but how much of this is sign of the times and how much of it is the fact that teams are struggling with sponsors?

maumann and Driftwood like this.
  7. maumann

Based on my observations, he's not wrong.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. Sam Mills 51

Is he reverting back to being Cause-em-all-ski? Or are we to believe that it never changed and that he found a way to win a few races and a season title while being a hammer?

9. maumann

And Stenhouse has been accused of driving like a snowplow in a trailer park, too. What punts around goes around, or something? Kes was pushing mighty fierce in the Twins, too, but the Fords seem to line up neater than the Camaro's rear bumper.

10. Sam Mills 51

Still angry about Danica?

playthrough and maumann like this.
  11. maumann

Or losing the gig at Roush!

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Keselowski always has been aggressive. See his first win at Talladega. He’s been racing in Cup for the last 15 years. If you’re shocked by his style at this point, you’re an idiot.

I know he’d run his course at Penske, but you gotta wonder if he’s kicking himself tonight for giving up that 2 ride.

Let’s see what happens when the season starts for real next week.

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted