1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2022 running NASCAR, IMSA & other racing things thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I’d rather not be talking about media center food, unless it’s served with a side of Pepto Bismol.

maumann likes this.
  2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Saw something online about Craftsman (emancipated a couple years back from the Dumpster fire that’s Sears) again sponsoring the truck series. CW is out (and its CEO thinks calling a reporter a liar is cool).

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I hate that I send money for my Good Sam membership to that weasel every year (but the discount and roadside assistance makes up for it). Everything at Camping World is overpriced and the service experience is brutal. I buy all my RV stuff online and have a local guy do the maintenance.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The old Craftsman Truck Series had the best trophies -- red Craftsman tool boxes, race name on the inside of the lid. Simple, functional, durable (some found out the hard way).

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

And again, NASCAR can't help but screw up a good thing. The Trucks were drawing great crowds at small facilities where they could bump and bang. So the marketing wonks got the bright idea of sticking them as a Friday support series on the Cup schedule, running a bunch of boring intermediate tracks.

Nobody comes to the track on Friday. Lemonis basically pays field-fillers to make it look like there's still some interest. And now NASCAR should really rethink what they want the Trucks to be.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

wicked and Driftwood like this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

62, 72, 82, 92 > 22

maumann likes this.
  7. 2muchcoffeeman

Interesting discussion on Dale Jr.’s podcast this week: Where’s Kyle Busch going to end up?

They said Childress can’t pay him (which is even more interesting considering that after Tyler Reddick was announced for 23XI they tweeted something about how the time is terrible). They also suggested that 23XI, Stewart-Haas and Hendrick might be the best fits. Also talked about Kaulig Racing (the 16 and the 31 cars in Cup), which just seems unlikely to me.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

All trucks must have US or Trump flags flying out of the bed?

maumann likes this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

They’re doing well at IRP tonight.

maumann likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Trucks and Busch should be at IRP.

I know it’s not a value add for Friday practice/qualifying if you do this, but find a nearby short track for the truck series to race on Fridays. It adds TV production costs, but the crowd will be better and the racing probably will be better, and you can still catch some of the media surge following the bigger series. If you really have to have it at the same track as the big show, run it on a mini-oval on the frontstretch.

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

Ladies and gentlemen, John Hunter Forecheck.

maumann likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

That said, JHN should have that lump on the left side of his lower jaw biopsied.

Draft saved Draft deleted