1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2022 running NASCAR, IMSA & other racing things thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 20, 2021.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Drivers who crash when the track is dry, a car that's causing unexpected head injuries and Goodyear tires. What could possibly go wrong?

Driftwood and Batman like this.
  2. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

One race for Bubba. Which is one more than Gordon got years ago for intentionally wrecking Bowyer in retaliation.
    Bubba also apologized, although I must have missed the part where he apologized to Larson for intentionally wrecking him and them assaulting him afterwards.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You didn't miss anything. Wallace made a point to apologize to everyone except Larson. Any chance that Larson's horrific racist remark some years back was also a factor in why Bubba first did what he did on the track and won't apologize in the aftermath?

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

NASCAR: We'll race in the rain next year!
    EuroNASCAR: That's cute.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/nascar-on-ice-is-the-slippery-spectacle-the-world-needs-right-now

6. bbnews60

bbnews60 Member

Batman likes this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I have already nominated this for KFAN Minneapolis's annual Preposterous Statement Tournament.

maumann likes this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Every driver out there should make it their mission to tear up as much JGR equipment as possible.
    Jones should put Gibbs in the wall and then purposely put his own car in the wall just to make grandpappy have to pay the bill.

wicked and maumann like this.
  9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Ty Gibbs is going to find himself with very few friends in Cup, the way he's decided to race in Buschwide. He makes Kyle Busch almost seem genteel. (J.D. would have pulled Ty for a serious "you're not Jesus, but you're coming to him" talk long before it got to this point.)

Dumb asses, even with incredible talent, rarely succeed at the highest level. He's about to become the next Paul Menard with that attitude.

2muchcoffeeman, wicked and Driftwood like this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I've never been talented.
    I've never been rich.
    I've never been entitled.

I just don't get it.

Dude has everything in the world going for him. Just don't be a douche.

maumann and wicked like this.
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It’s a shame Brandon Jones didn’t clean his clock (pun intended). I hope Brandon Jones works with his future teammates at JRM (especially Sam Mayer) next week to make sure this kid doesn’t finish five laps. He makes Ross Chastain look like Mark Martin.

maumann likes this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Gibbs is used to enabling his players (any number of them) and his drivers (Kyle Busch). This kid is just an extension of that. At least he’s not JD’s kid, so I feel a bit better about rooting against him.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted