1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2022 running NASCAR, IMSA & other racing things thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 20, 2021.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I finally got around to listening to the Ned Yost episode today. That may have been the best one, at least in terms of insights into The Intimidator.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I’m fascinated by the move, but I’m not sure what it accomplishes for either party. ESPN gets programming for six summer Thursdays. What about the other 10-12? SRX goes from having weekend headlining shows at these tracks to being shunted to Thursdays, when a lot of tracks aren’t running. (Maybe that’s the point? Just seems like a bad move for fans.)

Maybe ESPN thinks the RTA is about to blow up the whole Cup thing and go rogue, and this is a way to dip its toes back into racin’.

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I don't know. Maybe a Thursday headlining show built for TV rather than attendance is a good thing for these tracks. I have no idea what the current butts in the seats vs. eyes on the screen breakdown is.

Draft saved Draft deleted