1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ugh. Orioles have hit their first real rough patch of the year. Four straight series losses? The starting pitching has digressed and there is no bridge to Cano and Bautista. Not panicking yet but very concerned. It’s clear that the three wild card spots are going to come down to the Yankees, Orioles, Jays and the second place AL West team. Can’t let it slip away here. Someone is going to be the odd team out.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
    jr/shotglass and tapintoamerica like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I’m no doctor, but I thought it was problematic. Non-contact injuries are the great irony of sports.

3. tapintoamerica

Gotta get healthy. Cedric has been struggling at the plate since his return.
    It would be nice if another team thought Joey Ortiz is a Major League player.

Cosmo likes this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I remember holding our scoreboard page as long as possible for this game to end. After it hit 11:30 or so PDT, we said screw it, sent the page, went out and watched the end at a bar.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I just don't want them to give up top-10 prospects to rent pitching. They have the chance to be really special for a few years, and I don't want them to mortgage it.

But yes, Joey Ortiz is just the type of guy I would put in a package of trade prospects. Lester. Stowers. Vavra.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, shit. I might be a jinx.

I was just thinking with Rendon at bat, could you imagine if he injured himself right now?

You bet. Foul ball off the inside of his knee, and he's still down. (EDIT: Up, but very gimpy. And he left the game.)

I do think they should place Shohei in bubble wrap.

7. tapintoamerica

Here’s how you know a trade won’t happen: If you, as a fan of the buyer, think, “ That’s not a terribly heavy price.”
    If the O’s want to trade Joey Ortiz, Kyle Stowers and some other alleged but failed prospect for a credible starting pitcher, I’m on board. But that ain’t happening.
    Some alleged prospects are like cars. When they drive off the lot, their value falls.

Fred siegle and jr/shotglass like this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Phil Fulmer has entered the chat room.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Geez, weird last couple of days - ASG rosters announced, then a rash of injuries from players named to the team. Hmmm.

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Eventually we’ll just all have these guys take turns at the controller in a game of “The Show,” and I’m okay with that.

Draft saved Draft deleted