1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I thought that was Dave Kingman, but I appreciate the trip down memory lane.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Kingman is absolutely at the top of the list of Lasorda tirades. But Bevacqua, who called Lasorda the "that fat little Italian" is a good one.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

That kid is a fuckin' stud in every way. He handled that freakish accident as well as humanly possible and then absolutely smoked those homers--one to left, one to right--last night. The Orioles are a fun, fun, fun team. I just hope management ponies up to keep those kids and/or supplement them with veteran talent a la the Astros.

FileNotFound, Cosmo and jr/shotglass like this.
  5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Kingman was the first one. Bevacqua came later. I witnessed both. Very memorable.
    Also, there was the time he was eating a bowl of chili when someone asked him about the passing of Walter O'Malley.
    "Mr. O'Malley was a wonderful man. He brought the Dodgers to Los Angeles ..... HEY, THERE'S NO FUCKING MEAT IN THIS CHILI .... brought them to L.A. from Brooklyn." It's on tape.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Orioles beat the Twins 3-1 in 10 last night, in large part thanks to this wizardry from Cedric Mullins. Looks like the hammy is back healthy!

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

More importantly, the Braves extended the Rays’ losing streak to six games.

The Braves have won 18 of 21.

TigerVols likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No complaints here. O's all of a sudden just three back of the Rays in the AL East. Just when it looked like the season was teetering a bit earlier this week...

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The Twins and Guardians are going to keep swinging pool noodles at each other until October.

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I think his catch against Buxton Sunday was even better. Entering broken wrist territory on this one.

Cosmo likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The fast start wasn't sustainable, but the pitching injuries have played a big part for the Rays. Losing Springs and Rasmussen was just brutal, and now McClanahan is on the IL, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted