1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

And then at least make the ALCS.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

At nearly the same time the national pundits were saying the Angels are for real and could be a tough opponent in the postseason, they have gone 4-12 since June 18. That includes the current 1-8 skid in which they've given up 65 runs. Combination of crappy pitching and defense.
    Injuries, yes. Bad performance, yes.

Last night at Dodger Stadium vs. Angels right-hander Griffin Canning, three of the first five Dodgers hit it over the fence. Joe Adele pulled one back, the other two went out. Three more left the yard later.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Tigers at the bottom of the list of teams you’d expect to be throwing no-hitters.

Blue Jays at the bottom of the list for teams you’d expect to be no-hit.

And yet …

maumann likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

In other words, nothing happening in Detroit.

maumann likes this.
  5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I'M A TIGERS FAN AND NOBODY TOLD ME NOTHING HAPPENED IN DETROIT TODAY.

Local NFL player had his youth football camp in town today and for once, there was a decent hook and we're super-low on content, so I went out there and was plinking away at my story. Had Wimbledon on in the background and that ended and I switched to MLB Network just because. I see hugs and handshakes for Alex Lange and I was like, "Oh, they won? Last I saw it was raining in Detroit and probably not going to be a game today," and then I found out they threw a GD no-hitter.

dixiehack, 2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The Tigers had given up eight or more runs in six of their past 10 games, including 12 to the A's in the previous series and 12 to the Blue Jays the night before.

Baseball. Go figure.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The White Sox seem to be using those pool noodles as their bats, the way they’re hitting.

Hermes likes this.
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The “baseball is boring” folks are morons.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That sequence is amazing.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I had a stronger reaction for Elly's latest than I did a combined no-hitter. Totally earned it, but it just doesn't have the same juice as it did when it was one guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted