1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Delaying the inevitable?

2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Big fan of your oldest! And also of the idea of a round earth in which none of us have to hear about Trump. But bacon and pineapple on pizzas is an affront to humanity.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Why do I need to worry about how much time I've wasted watching Nomar Garciaparra battle his OCD in front of 50,000 people when I should be far more concerned about the amount of time I've wasted being a dickhead on a message board? :D

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So the Phillies have given up 27 runs in their first two games, and Nola and Wheeler, both of whom were so good in the playoffs last year, each had their heads knocked off. So much for the jackrabbit start angle.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Congratulations! You are old.
    I may also be old.

7. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

The speed up rules are effecting the commercial breaks on the Mets on sny. They have to keep cutting the last commercial short to get back to action that is happening right at that moment (the next pitch, etc.). Not that theres anything wrong with that. But they are going to have to figure that out or I’m sure the advertisers aren’t going to be happy.

tapintoamerica and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't really notice when I was working/half watching. But it makes sense that part is gonna take an adjustment. Can't upset the advertisers, though I'm not sure how many more times I need to see Pete Alonso and the hotel pancake commercial.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Correct on the college OOB play. In "theory" it restarts when the ball is set. In practice, when the ball is being brought back in and it crosses the sideline, most officials/conferences restart it right away. Same in the NFL.

I'd prefer to just keep the clock running on OOB plays until the last two minutes of each half.

The stopping the clock on all inbounds first downs was stupid and it's nice that archaic rule has been eliminated.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

College football is choking to death on interminable reviews, many of them for minor issues. I seldom advocate for NFL style rules, but go back to the original NFL system of coaches challenges only.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

It takes a special kind of talent to get away with being that corny, but Pete can pull off those awful credit card commercials and that even worse mustache.

Fred siegle and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Took until I quoted this to say you are old too to see your small addendum. :D

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted