1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I saw a report that Drew Gilbert is part of the return. He's not a bad prospect. At least the Mets got something for those two insane contracts.

3. outofplace

The Tigers traded Lorenzen to the Phillies. Supposedly, they are determined to move Eduardo Rodriguez, too.

4. outofplace

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

At this point they should probably take anybody in a uniform.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Jake Burger to ... the Marlins?!

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Refresh my memory ... how long will a team be able to lock down Cease if they acquire him?

8. outofplace

I'm not sure what they had to give up, but the move makes sense. The Marlins should be acquiring help at the deadline. They are tied with the Brewers and Diamondbacks for the final Wild Card spot at 57-50, ahead of the Cubs and Padres, who both added help with deadline deals. Burger doesn't hit for average, doesn't draw walks, and he's not much of a defender, but 25 home runs by the end of July is hard to ignore. Also, he doesn't cost much financially. He is only making $720,000 this season and he's not even eligible for arbitration until 2026.

9. outofplace

Read a rumor that Eduardo Rodriguez nixed a trade to the Dodgers. Unless he thought he should get more money to waive his no-trade, that makes little sense.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This is Farhan. He over values guys from the bargain bin and refuses to actually take a risk. Giants need a starter in a bad way. Granted Scherzer and Verlander were pipe dreams but not even getting an arm? This dude needs to go.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Josh Harrison finally hit the end of the road, I think. DFA'd by Philly to make room for Lorenzen.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And here we go. It’s a shame he didn’t sign all this useful free agents in the summer as well. They are having great years.

Draft saved Draft deleted