1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That was embarrassing. Tim Anderson didn’t know if he was a lefty or righty and got lit up by an opened handed right. Both men have never been in a fight before.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Angels, predictably enough, are about to be embedded deep in the Where Are They Now? file with Spinal Tap.
    And the Diamondbacks, losers of 21 of their past 28 after an excellent start, are joining them.
    The Reds, losers of five straight, hold the last Wild Card spot in the NL. In hot pursuit: the Cubs, who, sadly, have parted ways with Trey Mancini but are only one game behind the Reds.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

this was last night

I assume Ramirez said something in regards to that

Batman likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The Diamondbacks are a head scratcher. I figured the Dodgers would eventually chase them down but to just utterly shit the bed?

Then again, the NL West usually produces one pretender a year. Padres didn’t even try to take that role this year. Instead Arizona volunteered.

Who gets canned first: Lovullo, Showalter, or Melvin?

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

But they did win the offseason

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Not that the Mets would have made a run, but dreadful races like these are a pretty good defense for going for it. Of course, it'll work out just fine if a couple of the studs they landed last week get them to the World Series in 2026. LOL like they all won't bust b/c they're Mets.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Basically said Anderson is a dick and it's been a long time coming.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And then Rob Manfred can get booed when he walks out with the championship trophy.

maumann likes this.
  9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Lovullo survived the 110-loss debacle two years ago, he's probably OK if they just go 83-79 and miss the playoffs this year. Padres are probably best positioned to make the playoffs as of this moment. But if they flop, I could see Melvin getting axed before Showalter, who might have to ride out next year as a lame duck, especially if Craig Counsell stays w/the Brewers or wants a year off.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

A case where shitty umpiring metastasizes into something bigger. No one likes Anderson, but we don’t get this unless the umpire lets a player shove a hand off the base. He is allowed to use his judgment that a player was pushed off, watched it happen and then allowed New York to overturn it. I assumed if Anderson got to second that night, he was going to get pushed off. Or maybe one in the back.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My four-year old has a Jose Ramirez shirsey. He also has boxing gloves. I think we have a Halloween costume.

Draft saved Draft deleted