1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

To some extent, it is the product of The Worst Rule Ever.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

At least he's a hitter. They can keep him in the minors all year (because they need the DH spot for Stanton) and just let him DH there to be full go for 2025 when he's 22

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

So Acuna's really gonna make a run at 40-70 huh?

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

outofplace likes this.
  7. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

The horse's name was Friday.

Della9250 likes this.
  8. jr/shotglass

He didn't get any higher than AA, though.

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

10. jr/shotglass

John Means makes his 2023 debut tonight. It will be interesting.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    Vombatus likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

After four in a row—following losing 6 in a row and that godawful August—I’m in the Harry saying “so you’re telling me there’s a chance” stage of Giants fandom. I’ll be back in a few days to post a rant that will make me feel better but will likely just make you all roll your eyes.

But damn the NL is top heavy. There are three teams vying for the last wild card who have no business vying for a playoff spot. See also, this is why baseball should not have expanded the playoffs but there’s no going back.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If he can just eat innings and give the O's another live arm, that would be huge. Kremer is 25+ innings above his career high and it's starting to show, as he's failed to get out of the fourth inning in each of his last two starts. Can't rely on scoring 11 runs a night once you get to the postseason.

Also, interesting stuff on Bautista, as he may or may not try to pitch through a partially torn UCL this season. Very good chance he'll miss all of 2024 anyway, and it seems he can't do any more damage to the ligament (outside of completely tearing it), so we'll see what happens.

Draft saved Draft deleted