1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Cal Ripken got it one year when the O’s were otherwise awful. So there’s precedent that the voters can think that way.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Nothing happening through six in Cleveland. And that would be John Means.

3. jr/shotglass

And ... 2-1, O's. Gimenez busts it up with a solo HR.

4. jr/shotglass

If somebody can get the last five outs, John Means just turned the momentum back in Baltimore's favor. Ballsy.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes, those voters are morons.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Or "Best Player" (asks the non-journalist on the journalist board).

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Pretty cool to be hanging around Wrigley for other business and see a bunch of Rockies players walk up.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I was going to call the Rockies some basic bitches for drinking Starbucks, but I’ve given up.

My four-year old points at Starbucks signs or the Starbucks section of the aisle at the grocery and just says “coffee.”

To him, Starbucks already is coffee. Like Kleenex are tissues. And Jell-O is gelatin. Part of me is amazed Starbucks pulled it off, the other is wondering if my son will be plagued with drinking that burnt bean concoction Schultz calls coffee.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Just a gigantic performance. I thought he could be a hero just by eating seven innings and giving that bullpen a rest. He did more. Gutty showing.

jr/shotglass and tapintoamerica like this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My First Database—Baseball Cards | SOA.

In DiMaggio’s 56 games, he batted .408 with 15 home runs, 55 RBIs and scored 56 runs. He walked 21 times and whiffed just five times. He reached base via hit or walk 112 times. Now that’s impressive. However ...

His rival to the north in Boston was even more impressive. During those same 56 games, Williams played in 55 games and batted .412 and scored 61 runs. He hit 12 homers and drove in 50, but reached base 127 times, 50 times via a walk. Williams had a higher average, on-base and slugging percentage than DiMaggio during the famous Yankee’s notorious streak.

Fred siegle and justgladtobehere like this.
  11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Magic Number = 3.

Cosmo and jr/shotglass like this.
  12. jr/shotglass

Gave the ball to the two veterans to weather the bullpen woes this weekend. Means and Gibson came up big.

Vombatus and Cosmo like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted