1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The truly impressive thing about the Braves is they've come back so strong and in such sustained fashion that people a.) sorta forget they tanked (just b/c they never lost 100 games doesn't mean they weren't tanking, they even got rid of Andrelton Simmons, who looked like a Hall of Famer at his peak) and b.) completely forget they cheated so hard and so bad that even useless Rob Manfred had to ban John Coppolella and c.) COMPLETELY COMPLETELY forget that Coppolella obliterated the rules for a bunch of stiffs. Only three of the players have made the majors and just one, Ji-Hwan Bae, has gotten more than a cup of coffee. Only a couple of the other prospects even made it to Triple-A. The Braves cheated like crazy, whiffed on all those dudes and landed all the other stars. It's amazing.

maumann likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That’s how they got to the playoffs. Got to keep doing what you were doing.

Kind of wish he hadn’t though…

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The better team never wins anymore.
    I had a bad feeling that he was gonna be thrown out, but it was probably worth the attempt. LeClerc has been nasty lately. Hard to string hits together.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You stay classy ATL.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

I can't believe a crowd filled with people who do a racist chant every home game are mouth-breathing morons.

Deskgrunt50 and HanSenSE like this.
  7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

And then on cue, the racist chant.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Was it 2011 that there was a crazy play involving the infield fly rule against the Cardinals that a bunch of Braves fans started throwing shit on the field?

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Trea Turner, mother of God. That was incredible.

UNCGrad likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Generally, I'd root for the asteroid in a Philly-Atlanta series. Though, this Phillies group is generally pretty likable. And Atlanta is unquestionably a great team.

But, someone Braves fans have overtaken Phillies fans in awfulness. So, go Philly?

Nah, sticking with the sweet, sweet asteroid of doom.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Goddam, that Turner DP.

I really like watching this Phillies team. Gutsy.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As a Phillies fan, I thought they might win tonight, but if they did, I thought it'd be like 8-6. The idea the could shutout Atlanta was preposterous to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted