1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

OK but that doesn't change the bottom line: Roberts had as much to do with deciding to start Kershaw in G1 as me, you and everyone else here.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No hustle either, Skip!

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I feel like I should call you an asshole, but I’m lacking enough information to understand why…

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

OK, my mistake. Wes Clements said it wasn't a team thing and I was dumb enough to take his word for it. Still looks ridiculous, but at least there's an explanation for it.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The “why does my Bugatti sometimes not start, please empathize” attitude of Dodgers, Giants, Yankee and Red Sox fans.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ok, fair. But what you can a Bugatti I call a car that used to be top of the line but has been sitting in the sun and rain and even though the hood ornament says expensive, you’d be lucky to get scrap for it.

Since the first half of 2016, the Giants haven’t been competitive except for a fluke year in 2021. Yankees have been to five of the past 7 playoffs. Dodgers last missed the playoffs in 2012.

I’m sorry that I want my team to be competitive.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

O's needed a quality start from Rodriguez and not this.

I don't like their chances any longer.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

11 walks. Fuck.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Make that 11 runs, 11 earned runs, 11 hits and 11 walks.

IMG_4340.jpeg

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I was at a wine festival, sneaking looks at my phone. When I saw the plan was to have Bryan Baker eat innings, I turned it off. I hear they lost 11-8.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Oh, the year my team blew a 3-1 lead in the World Series and continued what is now a 75-year championship drought that I didn’t actually watch because I had sports PTSD from already blowing another Game 7 in extra innings in the World Series when I was 12?

I'm sure missing out on Carlos Correa was just as painful.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The in-game interviews have got to stop.
    I even saw that little bow-tie wearing weasel Rosenthal interview someone from the Rangers after hitting a homer.

jr/shotglass and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted