1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He doesn’t need motivation. It’s not
    you know how to ensure you make the next round? You are given a bye.

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

To build on @Hermes thought:

Reminds me of my grandparents, who would yell at each other vehemently, despite both of them having complete hearing loss by then. It would only end when one of their false teeth would fly out.

Ah, family memories.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

To be fair, at least one of them looked like that before he came to Philadelphia.

Marsh Angels.jpg

jr/shotglass and Vombatus like this.
  4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

They did do that in the NBA up until 1984 and the top seeds mostly fared just fine.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Back when the first round was best of three and took about a week to finish?

Again, the longest break baseball takes in a season is 3 or 4 days depending if you play the Thursday or Friday after the All Star Break. I'm saying if the NBA's first round was best of seven with the regular breaks they give now, it would be longer than a two-week layoff between games for the top seeds.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Been such an odd season along the shores of McCovey Cove, this seems normal.

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

They'll never do it but I sure hope there is a female major league manager before I kick the bucket.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Nothing but mad respect for her but I really want someone who isn’t tainted by Kapler. Preferably someone who isn’t tainted by Farhan either and can say no to him until the Giants hire a real GM. She may well fit the bill but I’d have the same reservation with any of the other 150 assistant coaches the G men carried.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Have I mentioned my disdain for the in-game managerial/player interviews?
    Make it stop.

Vombatus, jr/shotglass and HanSenSE like this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'd rather see her get the Giants gig than, say, the one in Anaheim, around which dysfunction is the norm and ownership is wacky.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

I mean putting it that way, 100 percent I’d rather her stay. I also don’t want her to continue the same nonsense Gabe did and get branded. But it’s still better than Anaheim.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

MLB must have better video than we saw on Fox to overturn that call.

Draft saved Draft deleted