1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This from last year, when Papelbon was asked about it on some podcast. Papelbon said he hasn't talked to him, but thinks it helped Harper in the long run because Harper had mentioned he benefited from some run-ins with Dusty Baker.

https://www.si.com/fannation/mlb/fa...ould-be-thankful-for-our-run-in-in-washington

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I've wondered that about pitchers for years. I thought once a pitcher got set, he had to pitch once he broke his hands.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Those shots from Schwarber and Harper were bombs. The Phil’s have the look of a team of destiny. Wheeler is a legit ace too (would’ve looked great in a Giants uni too!)

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think they always thought he would change positions at some point in the deal, but not this soon. If the starters are going to be Bogaerts, Kim, and Cronenworth, their best defensive alignment is Kim at shortstop and Cronenworth at second. The only question mark would be Bogaert's ability and willingness to adjust to first base.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"Playing first base is easy, right Wash?"

"No Billy, it's incredibly difficult."

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That scene popped into my head, too, after I wrote it.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

He's got, like, 300 million reasons to not mind moving to first. (Doesn't mean he won't, of course)

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Fans are loving it

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Astros were that close to getting Maired there, but looks like we're going to have a Game 7.

Draft saved Draft deleted