1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Boo

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

just sign Will Smith and it’s a guaranteed lock

matt_garth likes this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Not meant as a joke … there was quite a bit of speculation that Corey nearly signed as a free agent with the M’s this past offseason (one season removed from his older brother’s final year in Seattle).

But the Mariners decided they would stick with JP Crawford at shortstop (instead of moving him to second) and pass on the opportunity to sign Corey.

Who knows, he may have hit .240 in Seattle. But he certainly paid dividends for Texas.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Rooted for Bochy and the fact that Texas had never won a WS Championship. Happy for Semian who was my neighbor for a few years in HS from a town I lived in for 10 years.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately they did not

PHOENIX (AP) — There was no pool party for the Texas Rangers after winning the World Series.
    A raucous celebration after the franchise's first championship remained on dry land as about a dozen security officers guarded the pool behind the right-center wall at Chase Field.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

They celebrated by drinking prune juice and jamming out to Creed.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Mazel tov to all SJ Rangers Nation.

Texas Rangers, World Series champions, by shutout even!

El Guapo likes this.
  9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

With all our moaning about pitching and openers and where did the aces go, the Dbacks got the best start of the Series, and maybe the postseason, from Gallen and they didn’t score to support him.
    That’s baseball.

qtlaw and maumann like this.
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Arlington Stadium — where one official beer wasn’t enough to get through a day.

Liut and dixiehack like this.
  11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

There are better headlines, but I like "Road Rangers."

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Working off memory so I could be wrong, but I believe this is the first time two teams from the same state won back to back titles since the Dodgers and A’s in 1988 and 89 and the first time teams from the same state and same league did it since the Giants and Dodgers in 1954 and 55.
    I realize there is a small pool for this kind of thing, but still kind of interesting.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
Draft saved Draft deleted