1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And a shoutout to retiring D'backs voice Greg Schultze, who had been with the team from the beginning. Oddly enough, he had worked Suns games with Al McCoy, who also retired this year, before joining the ballclub.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
    Liut likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And I'm always reminded of the time we had two high school football teams playing for Section titles on the same night. We would send out the front around halftime. During the regular season, I always left them generic words for the front skybox before heading to a game, but was told this time to tease to a result if it looked like the game was in hand for one of the locals. Uh, hell no!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Nice moment for Dave Parker though he didn't take over after Clemente died, as reported here. Sanguillen started '73 in right field.

Liut likes this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

It is always jarring to me to see how much middle-aged Cal Ripken Jr. looks like his Dad. Like, no duh, of course he does. But still, when you remember Jr. as the Rookie of the Year...

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Both of them actually made the big leagues, if only for a cup of coffee.

Bob Bonner, a native of Uvalde, Texas, became an African missionary after he retired from baseball and spent 26 years in Zambia.

Jeff Schneider, from Bremerton, Wash., pitched in the longest game in professional baseball history, the Pawtucket-Rochester 33-inning affair in 1981. He now lives in Geneseo, Ill., according to Whitepages.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

This would be an AMAZING baseball card autograph show get for someone.

Huggy likes this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Rangers' parade was pretty lame, if only because there's no way to stretch one 30 miles through the downtowns of both Fort Worth and Dallas. It just circled the ballparks and AT&T Stadium in Arlington. Might have staged in the Walmart parking lot across from JerryWorld actually.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I don't get this reference.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Looks like a tequila bottle, maybe Cabo.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

MommaQuant and I went and were underwhelmed, but then we found a table at a nearby bar and had ourselves a proper celebration.

Also ... if I could have got my hands on the em-effer selling those damn horns that sound like an 18-wheeler's, there might have been a killin'.

dixiehack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted