1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Why announce this in the midst of an NFL Sunday?

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

MLB

LOL

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Wow, with three Gold Glovers, there’s no way a defensive gaffe could’ve cost the Cubs a playoff spot.

I’m still bitter about 2016.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think Steve Bartman's overdue for a Gold Glove.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Edit: Didn't know where to put this one, so I dug up the running thread instead of starting a new one.

Sandberg reveals metastatic prostate cancer diagnosis and has begun treatment.

He was my first childhood sports hero, and is why I'm a Cubs fan. My younger brother is named after him because I had so many baseball cards when my mom was looking for boy names.

Ryne Sandberg reveals prostate cancer diagnosis

Ryne Sandberg, a member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and an iconic player for generations of Chicago Cubs fans, revealed Monday that he was recently diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer. Sandberg, 64, shared the news on his Instagram account, announcing that he has already begun treatment.

“I am surrounded by my loving wife Margaret, our incredibly supportive family, the best medical care team, and our dear friends,” Sandberg wrote. “We will continue to be positive, strong, and fight to beat this. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time for me and my family.”

maumann likes this.
  6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I wish him well. Had my prostate removed in 2021, underwent 38 radiation treatments this fall because my PSA started climbing again. Cancer sucks.

Have your PSA checked regularly. And get colonoscopies.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Well hell @maumann. Thank you for sharing this and good luck.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted