1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The two most faceless teams in MLB are Washington and Oakland. I don't even believe anyone else is close.

OK, maybe Colorado too

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Rockies are indeed a joke, but it's been years since the Pirates finished with a better record than them.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Close in 2019.

Bucs: 69-93
    Monforts: 71-91

But it was 2016.

Bucs: 78-83
    Monforts: 75-87

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Monforts and Nuttings pat each other on the back over their earnings sheets.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
    outofplace likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Former Marlins prez David Samson speculated on the Front Office Sports podcast today that the A's and Rays will get new stadium deals. Why, you ask? Because, Samson said, keeping all current markets occupied will drive up the cost of entry fees for the two teams that MLB wants to add at some point as expansion teams.
    Makes sense. But the A's just can't stay in a rat-infested, ancient ballpark forever, can they?

6. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Go Cubs.

This has been a fun start. I don't expect it to last, but I will enjoy it while I can.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Giants have Crawford and Webb. And that’s it in terms of guys someone not in San Francisco would know. Yes Conforto and Hanigar but give people five guesses who they play for and I’d be shocked if they’d get it right.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Didn't stop the Cubs or Red Sox, before new ownership finally invested something in infrastructure at Wrigley and Fenway.

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

They (the Rockies) might finally suck enough to get noticed this year. They've somehow never lost 100 games, which seems hard to do for a team that perpetually not good.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They keep playing there despite all obstacles. Got bigfooted out of San Jose by the Giants, Fremont balked at costs and they've put all their eggs in a site in the shipyards. And they keep ignoring the best site, a new yard at the Coliseum grounds.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Once again, David Samson remains as clueless as he is completely and utterly full of shit.

matt_garth and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted