1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race -- All-Purpose Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I was slacking, but it seems we don't have any new people watching TAR, so I'm going with the same pool participants as last time! If anyone wants in, we've got two extra teams. And, as always, first eliminated SJer gets their pick of unclaimed teams.

The TAR36 Pool:
    MTM - Ricky & Cesar
    WolvEagle - Amber & Vinny
    TigerVols - Derek & Shelisa
    UNC Grad - Michelle & Sean
    Wenders - Yvonne & Melissa
    Huggy - Anthony & Bailey
    bumpy mcgee - Juan & Shane
    WriteThinking - Sunny & Bizzy
    Mrs. Tiger Vols - Danny & Angie
    nietsroob17 - Kishori & Karishma
    tea and ease - Rod & Leticia
    Unclaimed: Maya & Rohan, Chris & Mary

UNCGrad and TigerVols like this.
  2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Thanks Wenders. I’m looking to go back-to-back.

3. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Thanks, Wenders!

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Thanks, great to be back!

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Thank you! Let's race!

6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Not that I wish ill will toward my team, but did they not get penalized for whichever girl not wearing the red handkerchief at the roping challenge? They did the trademark "you screwed up" sound, but Phil didn't make them wait at the finish.

Is that something they'll do retroactively next week?

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

She had to redo the challenge wearing the neckerchief, so that time loss was likely their penalty.

Wenders likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

Thanks. There were some points when I had to fast forward because my video was buffering, and I must've missed it

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I was actually surprised at the teams that did well in the rope challenge (Bizzy/Sunny, Rohan, Anthony/Bailey) versus the teams that didn't necessarily do well (Sean). I think that was a challenge much easier for a smaller person than Rod though.

I'm trying to figure out why it never occurred to Maya and Rohan to just...I don't know... BACK THE CAR UP THE STREET? It seems like other people that made the same mistake just backed up, rather than trying a 75-point turn.

Overall, a fun leg, but so many teams that keeping track is...a task. LOL

Pool update:
    tea and ease - Rod & Leticia | 23
    MTM - Ricky & Cesar | 12
    TigerVols - Derek & Shelisa | 11
    bumpy mcgee - Juan & Shane | 10
    UNC Grad - Michelle & Sean | 9
    Wenders - Yvonne & Melissa | 8
    Mrs. Tiger Vols - Danny & Angie | 7
    Huggy - Anthony & Bailey | 6
    WriteThinking - Sunny & Bizzy | 5
    nietsroob17 - Kishori & Karishma | 4
    Chris and Mary | 3
    WolvEagle - Amber & Vinny | 2
    *Maya & Rohan | 1

Yay, I don't have to eliminate an SJer this week!

Also, just a reminder of how the scoring works: you get 1 point for each place up your team is. The team in first gets that number of points plus a 10-point bonus for winning the leg.

Anyone love their team yet? Anyone despise their team? Anyone else sad that we didn't see Phil in a luchador outfit?

(Also, I paused the show tonight when my bf came in and he goes "Why are there breasts on the TV?" Uh....they're luchadors?)

TigerVols likes this.
  10. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

Why yes, I AM loving my team, which makes up for the poor performance of my teams in the last two seasons. Thanks Rod and Leticia. The heat certainly took its toll on the older players. It seems in the face painting challenge the proctor was lenient in judging the crispness of the designs due to excessive sweat!

11. nietsroob17

I know it might be an effect of the episodes being edited to be stretched out from 60 to 90 minutes, and the COVID restraints they had from when it was originally shot, but these episodes have seemed to drag on more than usual. Two 90-minute episodes in one location is a bit much.

tea and ease likes this.
  12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Agreed, seemed like a lot of time watching teams - including mine - stumble around looking for Liz and Dick's place.

tea and ease likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted